Sunday, April 12, 2015

How we spent our days in the Kampong



A usual day for us in the kampong start as early as 7am and that’s not a problem for the kids as they are “morning people”. Even back at our own home, the kids wake up as early as 6:15am on school days and 7:30am on weekends!! (So, now you know we seldom get to sleep in even on WEEKENDS!)




First, I’ll get the kids to brush their teeth while I get their breakfast ready. After breakfast, I’ve got to quickly shower them (especially for Mehr & Shona), get them changed and plaid their hair. Coz we normally start our challenges early in the morning and end not later than 10pm, therefore, I make sure I do their hair properly coz it’s so HOT anyway! Oh yeah, in the morning my girls do not wash their hair coz we do not have any hair dryers to blow dry them. They will normally shower again at night after finish filming, even if it’s after 10pm! Coz my girls can’t sleep without a good shower, and since at night we do not have to rush, I can give them a good body and hair wash!

Anyway, after doing their hair in the morning, I will make sure they have mosquito repellent sprayed all over them (Thank God! It’s those orange scented mosquito repellent or else they going to smell like SHELTOX!)



Then off we go for our tasks / challenges. The first few days we were so busy adapting to the tight schedules that the girls do not even have time for afternoon naps. We will have lunch break for about 2 hours, that’s when I’ll feed the two younger ones and then wipe them up with wet towels and re-do their hair if need to. Neelu’s hair normally stays quite neat the whole day, but for Mehr & Shona, keeping their hair neat is ANOTHER CHALLENGE TOTALLY!!!! Arrrggghhhhh!!!


 



And at the same time, there will be the normal squabbles/complains/fighting between Mehr and Shona mostly and at times even Neelu. Hmmm… so another role for me, REFREEING! But I am sure, those who know me personally will know how I “DISCIPLINE SILENTLY” Hahahaha!

During our “free periods”, the kids will be playing together most of the time and amazingly, they dun feel tired! 


But the parents, I think we took a longer time to adapt to the tiredness! So while the kids play, the parents will find a shady area to sit and chit chat.



And our main topic of discussion will always be counting the number of days left! And at times even trying to come up with plans like how to do an escape like “jail break”, but if it happened ours will be “KAMPONG BREAK!”

Anyway, slowly the days passed and we survived each day eventually. Oh yeah, we also sometimes secretly pray for RAIN! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA and that’s definitely something the production do not want coz it will affect their schedules but for us it will mean more time to laze! Anyway, our prayers were not really answered coz if I remember correctly it rained only for less than 3 days during our whole stay there! Pfft!!!

No matter how bad our days were there, today that I am back at home, I sometimes wish we are still at the Kampong where the day goes by much slower and the air is sooooooo FRESH! 


If only we have FANS and lights, better toilets and NO cats visiting me, I would gladly stay there longer!

Oh well, now let’s sit in front of your TV set coz THROWBACK: BALIK KAMPONG EPISODE 6 starting in 5 minutes on Channel 5!!!









No comments: