Sunday, March 29, 2015

Its about the past & the future , the Children & Grandchildren

Today, just like almost every other Singaporean, we too paid our tribute to the late MM Mr Lee Kuan Yew. Its impossible for us to go over to the Parliament House with 3 kids and waiting for so many hours, therefore, the next best thing we can do is to head down to Pasir Ris East CC.



Shona went with her schoolmates on Friday and have since been telling us about how the late MM Mr Lee Kuan Yew contributed to the modern Singapore. She is able to relate to the stories about old Singapore very well and appreciate all the conveniences we have now and all thanks to our experience staying in the kampong during the filming of THROWBACK : BALIK KAMPONG.

So to be fair, today Neelu and Mehr went to pay their tributes and got to pen down their thoughts as well. A very solemn moment in the hall as everyone paid their respect and write down their thoughts.



As we walked home, we talked about how lucky we are now that we have water directly from our taps and not getting from the well anymore. How fortunate we are now with the comfort of fans, AC and lights at home, unlike those days in the kampong when we have to use oil lamps for lighting and "satay" fans to keep cool.

Anyway, back at home, after our usual hug and kiss routine, the girls went to bed. However, since I was quite bored, I went over to my baby Shona who is sleeping and start whispering to her and telling her how much I love them and how much I miss my babies now that they are all grown up. Suddenly I got a response from her! Shona said with her eyes still closed, "Nevermind Mommy, when I grow up you can play with my children." WHAT?!!! and so this "evil mommy" probe further.

Mommy : Your children?! How many children will you have?
Shona : I dunno
Mommy : How many do you want to have?
Shona : Three Only
Mommy : Oh okie, but what if your children are like u ? They don't want to stay with me, they want to go home with their Mommy and Papa
Shona : Okie, then you can go to my house and play with them
Mommy : What? So when u grow up, you are going to leave me and Papa alone in this house?
Shona : (By now a lil irritated) But you always say you and Papa want to spend time together right? So now I give you chance!

That just got me burst out laughing at her but I dun think Shona find that funny at all!. With a very unhappy face, she said "Can I sleep now Mommy?" and off she went back to sleep hugging the bolster!

However, that got me thinking. Has she really planned that far ahead or is she just entertaining me hoping that I will shut up and let her sleep. Haiz.....

Why do the kids grow up so fast?!


No comments: